June 24, 2016
Maker Mania STEAM Camp was a success!
Here are some of the highlights of our week:
- Making geodesic domes out of candy and toothpicks, straws and pipecleaners, spaghetti and marshmallows and newspaper
- Constructing Solar Power Cars then modifying the bodies, and creating garages, gas stations, and race tracks for them
- Tie Dying bandanas
- Having independent maker time to invent, construct, and tinker!
- Programming a game with Scratch and using a Makey Makey (a microcontroller) to create non-traditional controllers for our games
- Slinky Races (or an attempt at least! Our stairs are too wide!)
- Outdoor games like sharks and minnows, gagaball, and squirrels and trees
- Morning brainteaser challenges
- Engineering a hammock that will hold as many marbles as possible