Carnival Craze Camp was such a fun end to our Summer STEAM Camp Series! We finished the week off with a HUGE kid designed and run carnival. It was fantastic. Here are some of our highlights:
- Assembling solar powered ferris wheel toy kits and modifying them to make them unique
- Making felt frog bean bags and a launcher for them
- Spending a whole week planning, designing, and constructing games for the carnival
- Creating Venetian inspired carnival masks
- Making sand art dinosaur necklaces
- Taste testing popcorn flavors, including chocolate, bacon, and nacho, and developing our own "recipe"
- Trying out 3 different roller coaster simulation and building websites, where we had to use our physics brainpower to design a safe and fun rollercoaster
- Use Scratch and the Makey Makey to create handheld controllers out of Play-Doh and pencil led
- Have a huge afternoon carnival with a real cotton candy machine, snowcones, games, face painting and more!